It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 9 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Installing Omni-bot with Jaymod
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:36 pm 

Ok.....Heres some directions on how to install Omni-bot onto a server with Jaymod using a FTP

Note: This is only a windows operating system i believe...it might work for Linux....but i dont have much experience with Linux so i wouldnt know...ill help where i can

***I find this easiest to do*******

First: Go to www.omni-bot.de and download the newest version of windows/linux (whatever system ur operating)

Next: Install Omni-bot on your system.... (Note: By doing this...you will have an omni-bot folder in your program files i.e
C:/Program Files/Omni-bot
and a folder in your Wolfensten: Enemy Territory folder ....i.e.
C:/Program Files/Wolfenstein EnemyTerritory/ Omni-bot
)

Third: Create a new folder onto your desktop.... name it ""Omni-bot""

Fourth: Move These files into the Omni-bot folder that you just created onto your desktop
***NOTE: These Files Are Located in the 2 Directories Mentioned Above*****
----------
cgame_mp_x86.dll

----------
libcurl.dll

----------
ui_mp_x86.dll

----------
qagame_mp_x86.dll

----------
omnibot_et.dll

----------
qagame.mp.i386.so

----------
omnibot_et.pk3

Fifth: Move These folders into the Omni-bot folder that you created on your desktop
---------
nav

---------
scripts

******the nav folder has pk3's inside of it that gives the files of the waypoints for the bots*****
******the script folder has ''GM'' files that give the bots their characteristcs (i.e aiming..ROF)*****

*****NOTE!!!! YOU CAN CHANGE THE BOT DIFFICULTY....just go into the scripts folder....renamin the ''GM'' files to txt files....Tweak the settings ....then rename them back to GM files********

If you done this correctly.....it should look similar to this

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/7123/screenie4fx.jpg

Next: After you have all the files listed above ...into the folder on your desktop.....simply open up your FTP and load the entire folder on their.....It will automatically upload the folders contents as well...so just leave everything in their, and upload the folder

Last: Start the server up.....(Make sure that your server is running ''JAYMOD-1.4-beta6'' or higher ..... Or omni-bot support will NOT be available....) ....Log into Rcon by Typing
/rconpassword ''password''

Then Type
/rcon bot help
and this will bring a list of bot commands that you can do to successfully run bots on your server

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

As far as Linux is concerned

Do everything mentioned above....as far as making folders and stuff...

Make sure you go to www.omni-bot.de and download the linux version and not the windows....

but....their should be so. files that you need to put into the omni-bot folder that you placed on your desktop

Note: I am not sure of this....I will Read More into it and make another post with complete instructions on how to do this

UPDATE: when you download the linux version of omni-bot....

1) Extract all contents in a folder called omni-bot

2) there should be 3 folders called
etpub
omnibot
and
omni-bot

3) all you need is the

***TO BE CONTINUED....lol
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

***IF YOU ARE HOSTING A HOME-HOSTED DEDICATED SERVER*******

1)Simply go to www.omni-bot.de and download their Installer

2)Install It On Your Computer

3)Start The Server......I believe that omni-bot will automatically be tracked if you have Jaymod-1.4Beta6 running

so dont worry bout placing any files anywhere

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope this helps everyone that wants bots on their server.....I will look into this some more ....but by going through these steps you can simply have omni-bots with Jaymod running....

If I see anything new....I will update....but these steps should work

Thanx to mongoose, heres a lil setup that works with some tested hosting companys

If you are installing omni-bot with killerpings do this
1)Post a support ticket saying "Please allow me full access to ftp so i dont just see the etmain folder, I really need to put the folder omni-bot outside the etmain folder for the mod to work"
2) once you have full access to your ftp creat a folder called omni-bot uner "your server ip" ex "205.234.178.59"
3) put all of omni-bot .51 files in the omni-bot folder so you should have this

yourip/omni-bot/omnibot_et.dll
yourip/omni-bot/qagame_mp_x86.dll
yourip/omni-bot/omnibot_et.pk3
yourip/omni-bot/et
yourip/omni-bot/et/nav/et_custom_wps.zip
yourip/omni-bot/et/nav/et_official_wps.zip
yourip/omni-bot/et/scripts/def_bot.gm
yourip/omni-bot/et/scripts/et_autoexec.gm

4)add the folder jaymod and put all of jaymods stuff in there (note. this should be outside of etmain)
5)in you command line make the change +set fs_game "etmain/jaymod" to +set fs_game "jaymod"
6)add maxbots and minbots in et_autoexec.gm and start your server.

Setting up omni-bot with clanservers
1)download omni-bot .52 (linux) not full installer
2)copy the omni-bot and omnibot folders into the main directory of your ftp where your etmain and jaymod folders are located
3)ask clanservers to install omni-bot (if they say that you need to install it ask them to do +set fs_game omnibot)
4)#3 is just so you can get omni-bot working it probably wont work when they do +set fs_game omnibot so post a support ticket asking for help ex "the mod omni-bot is not working on my server for some reason i have installed it how they asked me to at http://omni-bot.de can i please know why this isnt working"
5)once you have omni-bot installed and working on your server add the jaymod folder to the main directory and ask them to change the command line to +set fs_game jaymod
6) start your server and hopefully it works
clanservers can be a pain so just keep asking them to help you install omni-bot. They will give way eventually. I highly recommend killerpings because 1. they have the same price and same ping and 2. you can add stuff your self and is much easier to manage. There link is http://killerpings.com

if clanservers asks for the downloading place for omni-bot say http://www.omni-bot.de/e107/download.php?view.175
if they ask for instructions download omni-bot from http://www.omni-bot.de/e107/download.php?view.175 and copy and paste the the install.txt
or get it from me here

Installation under Linux
---------------------------------------------------------------

1. Copy all contained folders into your ET directory.

2. Run Omni-bot by appending "+set fs_game omnibot" to the ET
command line.

Requirements
---------------------------------------------------------------

Currently Omni-bot requires glibc-2.2 or newer to be installed
on your system!

Last edited by Snipey on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:17 pm 
Panzer n00b

Thanks for the tutorial, mate, but I don't get it. :shock: I just installed omnibot, restarted the server and it was running well, did none of the above ... *confused*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:53 am 

im sure theres more ways to install jaymod on a server....i find this the easiest ....basically if ur having trouble installing it...or have never installed it before....this is the tut to look at :D

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:23 pm 
Server n00b

well i dont no if a have ftp, i heard about it, i guess u load files onto ur server. where can i find it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:13 pm 

well....i think ur hosting ur server from clanservers.com correct?

you admin or person that bought the server should have a FTP that came with the server

you need him to install the folders on the FTP

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:56 pm 
Jaymod Developer

OMG..You don't have FTP Access? No wonder your having so much troubles. I feel your pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:42 pm 
Server n00b

lol, yea i did, but he took it away from me =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:50 pm 
Spawn Camper

so more about this linux install then eh?

New jaymod server (with omni-bots): 204.13.5.81:27960

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:24 am 
Server n00b

Snipey can't get the Linux installation to work on ClanServers, but they should work like normal. Just upload all of the files to an omni-bot directory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:56 am 

yea....i kinda left that blank....im trying to figure out the exact way and easiest way to do it.....

plus...somethings going to be changing i believe...as far as making omni--bot easier to install...

ill fix it later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:16 am 
Spawn Camper

kool thanx buddy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:02 pm 
Server n00b

i have a question about this, i downloaded .51 of omnibot but i am not getting any of those files, or i cant find them. Coudl you explaing a little more about where to find them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:20 pm 

umm

currently jaymod does not support the newer version of omni-bot....to my knowledge

i do know that it has support for omni-bot .31

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:42 pm 
Server n00b

well, do you know if they would have anything on the omni-bot website for it becuase i thought the new .51 supported 1.4 and up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:23 am 
Spawn Camper

well,
Ob supports the new version of jaymod BUT jaymod doesnt support the new version of OB.
sound wierd? yeah thats what i thought, but i suppose it makes sense in a way lol.

im trying to get these 2 to work together aswell but i have tried jaymod 14 and 1.5 with OB 5.1 and 0.4 but still nuttin so im gonna try 0.31 and jaymod 1.4 as i know 1.4 was when jaymod started supporting OB so it WILL support OB but whether it will wor or not is anyones guess lol.

Rich

Page 1 of 9 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next