2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Discussion Forum for Jaymod
[SLUT] Shagileo
Server n00b

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by [SLUT] Shagileo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:41 am

If it helps in any way, the updates you gave in the past couple of days have been covered on TrackBase (mostly about your future plans)
There, readers can find how they can help sending feedback by testing the mod and provide their experiences in your forums.

Article:

http://et.trackbase.net/news/67/Jaymod-2.1.8..html

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:20 pm

I've fixed the mortar reticle issue, as well as doubled the maximum number of level 0 users in the userdb.

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:07 pm

[SLUT] Shagileo wrote:If it helps in any way, the updates you gave in the past couple of days have been covered on TrackBase (mostly about your future plans)
There, readers can find how they can help sending feedback by testing the mod and provide their experiences in your forums.

Article:

http://et.trackbase.net/news/67/Jaymod-2.1.8..html
Trackbase is now a MUCH better alternative then SL imo, SL allows itself to be overrun with all the BS fake/redirect servers that fill its pages with garbage.

[SLUT] Shagileo
Server n00b

Post by [SLUT] Shagileo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:38 am

Trackbase is now a MUCH better alternative then SL imo, SL allows itself to be overrun with all the BS fake/redirect servers that fill its pages with garbage.
Thanks, we're doing the best we can to service the community

Good luck with the development !

M4dM4x
Server n00b

Post by M4dM4x » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:47 pm

I test it on this Weekend :)

Edit: 85.25.10.56:27961 HFC|Dustbins XpsaVe ==> it runs nice 8)

Pedro-NF
Spawn Camper

Post by Pedro-NF » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:16 am

I've just updated my server to Jaymod 2.1.8 and Omni-bot 0.81 and will keep you posted on any issues I run into.

About implementations, I think the majority of admins would agree that these are some of the most desired ones:

1 - Server side control of Cvars. I could never understand Jaybird's resistance against implementing this - ETPro has it, N!tmod has it, and it's just invaluable.

2 - Fix for the exploit that allows a player to become a referee on the server. [=1] RedSector, the guy who started developing the "enhanced mod" after Jaybird decided to stop developing Jaymod, managed to implement a fix in his binaries - maybe contacting him about the problem could save a lot of time: http://equalone.hn.vc/.

3 - Hardware based GUID and ban system. OK, it's beatable, etc., but it's better than what we have now (= practically nothing).

4 - Next map voting system.

Other suggestions:

5 - Molotovs counting hit points for the team damage control system.

6 - Option to restrict poison knives to the covert ops class. Since this is an ability acquired by evolving that specific class, my ET-purist logic disagrees with it carrying over to other classes. I've always restricted adrenaline to medics, for example, and since I couldn't do that with poison knives, I had to completely disable them.

7 - Bitflag option to limit reflected team damage to mines, or even better, an option to make tripping a teammate's mine add hit points on the team damage control system against the player who tripped it. People carelessly tripping engineers mines is a major problem on my server, which has friendly fire on (as it should be).

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:22 am

1 - Server side control of Cvars. I could never understand Jaybird's resistance against implementing this - ETPro has it, N!tmod has it, and it's just invaluable.
I never had any resistance, just never got around to doing it.
2 - Fix for the exploit that allows a player to become a referee on the server. [=1] RedSector, the guy who started developing the "enhanced mod" after Jaybird decided to stop developing Jaymod, managed to implement a fix in his binaries - maybe contacting him about the problem could save a lot of time: http://equalone.hn.vc/.
This should be fixed with the 2.1.8 release. If it is not, PLEASE let me know.
Do they not register friendly fire?
6 - Option to restrict poison knives to the covert ops class. Since this is an ability acquired by evolving that specific class, my ET-purist logic disagrees with it carrying over to other classes. I've always restricted adrenaline to medics, for example, and since I couldn't do that with poison knives, I had to completely disable them.
I'd agree with this, and even go as far as saying this should be the default.
7 - Bitflag option to limit reflected team damage to mines, or even better, an option to make tripping a teammate's mine add hit points on the team damage control system against the player who tripped it. People carelessly tripping engineers mines is a major problem on my server, which has friendly fire on (as it should be).
This is a tricky situation. Perhaps the damage should be split between the planter and the tripper. What happens when a dumb engineer places mines in a place where lots of friendlies walk through? Is it the tripper's fault then?

All very good points!

Pedro-NF
Spawn Camper

Post by Pedro-NF » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 am

jaybird wrote:
Do they not register friendly fire?
Nope. You can molotov people at will and never get autokicked.
jaybird wrote:
This is a tricky situation. Perhaps the damage should be split between the planter and the tripper. What happens when a dumb engineer places mines in a place where lots of friendlies walk through? Is it the tripper's fault then?
Yes, it's a bit of a dilemma, but in practice what really happens most of the time is people not being careful with team mines (especially rambo medics). My vote as a career engineer is that it should be considered the tripper's fault. :wink: Anyways, splitting the damage would be worse because in that case engineers would always be penalized.

Pedro-NF
Spawn Camper

Post by Pedro-NF » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:44 am

Almost forgot:

8 - Those cute player country flags on the scores screen. :D

Shownie
Server n00b

Post by Shownie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Pedro-NF wrote:Almost forgot:

8 - Those cute player country flags on the scores screen. :D
make better looking flags or I despite it :|

Mateos
Server n00b

Post by Mateos » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Maybe you can submit yours.

Shownie
Server n00b

Post by Shownie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:22 pm

If someone asked me to make it for thier mod I would maybe find time for it.. but I just don't think the flags from etpud fits, when there is better looking flags out on the web ;)

Mateos
Server n00b

Post by Mateos » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:44 pm

If you want to have HD details, Jaymod will be even bigger than NQ in size. I think it has the default used icons for country flags, as all mods and some websites have. It's fine for me, you can maybe make a custom PK3 if you really want it.

panthro
Server n00b

Post by panthro » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Our clan uses since the 2.1.8 release.
jaymod always used, and proud of it.
We are the 1st server from Brazil and always jaymod.
Our server was 187.45.227.122:27960 and became the 20th rank in the GT, now with the new server we are taking the JAYMOD the top in our country.
Today our server responds by ip 189.1.161.252:27960

PS.:Excuse the errors, I used the google translator

Pedro-NF
Spawn Camper

Post by Pedro-NF » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Mateos wrote:If you want to have HD details, Jaymod will be even bigger than NQ in size. I think it has the default used icons for country flags, as all mods and some websites have. It's fine for me, you can maybe make a custom PK3 if you really want it.
Agreed. No need for Jaybird to waste time on this, he has a lot on his hands already. The normal flags are just fine for their purpose.