2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Discussion Forum for Jaymod
Shownie
Server n00b
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:23 am

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by Shownie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:13 am

Mateos wrote:If you want to have HD details, Jaymod will be even bigger than NQ in size. I think it has the default used icons for country flags, as all mods and some websites have. It's fine for me, you can maybe make a custom PK3 if you really want it.
Don't know what you ar mumbling on now... never use the term HD. I simply stated as the question came up, to add flags. I only stated if so will do, would be nice with better looking flags instead of using same flags which is seen in soon almost every new mod.. You accusing people for false statements are just not necessary.

Pff you yourself did post like 8 suggestions and I only coment on ONE of those and all this rubbish thing happen.. what if someone or several would do so for every suggestion made, why do ou think we post our suggestions. I can tell you it is not made as a complain, it is a suggestion to make things better.. If it is taken in consideration or not is not up to us, it is for the developers.

So please don't go further with this, Jaymod is fine as it is, with or without any flags. :wink:

User avatar
jaybird
Jaymod Developer
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:27 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by jaybird » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 am

I've re-opened the features request forum, and the bug reports forums is of course open. Since all discussion has been mainly confined to a couple threads here, please put appropriate posts in the appropriate forums so I can keep track of them all. Thanks!

Mateos
Server n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:23 am

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by Mateos » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:36 am

Shownie wrote:Don't know what you ar mumbling on now... never use the term HD. I simply stated as the question came up, to add flags. I only stated if so will do, would be nice with better looking flags instead of using same flags which is seen in soon almost every new mod.. You accusing people for false statements are just not necessary.

Pff you yourself did post like 8 suggestions and I only coment on ONE of those and all this rubbish thing happen.. what if someone or several would do so for every suggestion made, why do ou think we post our suggestions. I can tell you it is not made as a complain, it is a suggestion to make things better.. If it is taken in consideration or not is not up to us, it is for the developers.

So please don't go further with this, Jaymod is fine as it is, with or without any flags. :wink:
lol

The flags has only a function: show where from is a player. Why do you NEED new ones? Why not remake all icons or gfx things, so Jaymod will be different from other mods? Why not make a mod about 30 Mo of reworked tiles?

8, you 13, what a difference. I just said your suggestion isn't needed, and now you cry, what you want me to say... There's no point in remake the flags icon. You put the finger on a detail which will be noticed by nobody if implemented, just by server admins who read teh changelog.

You can reply, I'll not answer.

Thanks Jaybird for re-opening these sections, it was going offtopic...

Shownie
Server n00b
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:23 am

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by Shownie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Who are you to judge if a suggestion is needed or not?

I aint crying, you are the one that takes damage here, just because I coment on your suggestion. You couldn't handle it so you must prove yourself that your answer is the one and only right thing here.

I ended my post with a clear line, Don't go any further on this, but you are hater and must cry about my post. Thats why you DID go further, because you cry. Everyone is free to post their opinions without people like you judging them and telling them they can't. You are not even in the development team here, so who are YOU to make the call about others suggestions and opinions?

I know what you are thinking, and thats the way kids think and act :wink:

Dragon
Panzer n00b
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:44 pm
Contact:

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by Dragon » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Mateos wrote:The flags has only a function: show where from is a player. Why do you NEED new ones? Why not remake all icons or gfx things, so Jaymod will be different from other mods? Why not make a mod about 30 Mo of reworked tiles?
:lol: it's redicilus what I've read. File with flags has 1MB ;)

User avatar
=DV=VALHALLA
Server n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:33 am
Location: DENMARK
Contact:

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by =DV=VALHALLA » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:56 pm

This is a stable version? or still need fixes?
btw good to see you back jaybird
Image

Shownie
Server n00b
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:23 am

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by Shownie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:55 pm

=DV=VALHALLA wrote:This is a stable version? or still need fixes?
btw good to see you back jaybird
2.1.9 is a beta version.
Next stable version is the 2.2.x branch and after that comes the new 2.3.x beta.

User avatar
=DV=VALHALLA
Server n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:33 am
Location: DENMARK
Contact:

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by =DV=VALHALLA » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:19 am

Shownie wrote:
=DV=VALHALLA wrote:This is a stable version? or still need fixes?
btw good to see you back jaybird
2.1.9 is a beta version.
Next stable version is the 2.2.x branch and after that comes the new 2.3.x beta.
yeah i found out after reading other threads here etc, but ty for answering :D
Image

User avatar
=DV=VALHALLA
Server n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:33 am
Location: DENMARK
Contact:

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by =DV=VALHALLA » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:15 am

well i just installed jaymod version 2.1.8 on our server from jaymod-20080125-2.1.8, and it runs perfectly, BUT what happend to molotovs? have they been removed or did i miss something here?
Image

User avatar
jaybird
Jaymod Developer
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:27 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by jaybird » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:08 am

Molotovs are still around, nothing changed.

petbark
Server n00b
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by petbark » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:44 am

Check your weapons flag in the config
g_weapons
Molotovs are not available to all classes. Medic and CovOp don't get them.

FLAG DESCRIPTION
1 Field-Ops with level 0 battle-sense do not spawn with binoculars
2 syringes function underwater
4 pliers function underwater
8 "Too many air strikes requested" will restore used charge bar
16 "Too many air strikes requested" will restore half of used charge bar
32 ammo packs restore a lost helmet
64 players with binoculars drop them upon death
128 allies reload rifles mid-clip to match corresponding axis ability
256 enable throwing knives
512 enable poison throwing knives
1024 enable Winchester M97 (shotgun)
2048 disable adrenaline
4096 enable Molotov-Cocktails
Default
g_weapons 0
Image

User avatar
=DV=VALHALLA
Server n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:33 am
Location: DENMARK
Contact:

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by =DV=VALHALLA » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:39 am

petbark wrote:Check your weapons flag in the config
g_weapons
Molotovs are not available to all classes. Medic and CovOp don't get them.

FLAG DESCRIPTION
1 Field-Ops with level 0 battle-sense do not spawn with binoculars
2 syringes function underwater
4 pliers function underwater
8 "Too many air strikes requested" will restore used charge bar
16 "Too many air strikes requested" will restore half of used charge bar
32 ammo packs restore a lost helmet
64 players with binoculars drop them upon death
128 allies reload rifles mid-clip to match corresponding axis ability
256 enable throwing knives
512 enable poison throwing knives
1024 enable Winchester M97 (shotgun)
2048 disable adrenaline
4096 enable Molotov-Cocktails
Default
g_weapons 0
i got that :wink: this was also set as supposed, what helped was reinstalling jaymod 2.1.8 again. After that it worked without probs :D
Image

User avatar
jaybird
Jaymod Developer
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:27 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Re: 2.1.8 ready for consumption, redux

Post by jaybird » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:58 am

Also, light weapons skill level 2 is required for molotovs.

Post Reply