Donations to Jaymod project

Discussion Forum for Jaymod
Ligustah
Panzer n00b

Donations to Jaymod project

Post by Ligustah » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Hello,

my clan has been powered by Jaymod for some three years now, and we would like to donate some money to the Jaymod project.
There is a donation button on the jaymod frontpage, but i'm not quite sure if that account is still in use, so i'd like to know how we
can send donations to you.

Also, i would like to encourage everbody to show their appreciation for the great fun we were to enjoy, and help funding the development
of this great mod.

Thanks in advance.

(i'm not affiliated with Jaymod in any way :P)

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Re: Donations to Jaymod project

Post by jaybird » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:29 pm

The donation link still works. In order to clear my conscience, let me say a few things.

I got burnt out before working on the mod. I will continue working on it as I find time and enjoy doing it. I will not be working on it because I have to or because I am expected to, which leads me to the important part...

If you do send money over paypal, please do not do so with the expectation that you will get anything out of it in return. I won't add a feature because someone sends me money to do it, and I won't work faster because someone send me money to do so. It costs me nothing but my time and electricity to work on this mod, and my free time after a long day's work programming in the office is much more valuable to me than any monetary incentive for work I don't necessarily feel like doing in that free time.

Basically, if you want to donate, do so because you appreciate the fun the mod has given you in the past, and not because of the fun you hope to get out of it in the future.

I do appreciate any donations obviously. It's not something I expect, and it feels good to know you're appreciated. I just want to make sure no one hits that button and gets disappointed is all.

All that said, I'm saving up currently for a GTX 580 :) I just built a nice new 2600k/Z68 system for my birthday (thanks to my wife!), but I held off on the video card to keep the cost down. In case anyone was wondering, that's what I'd be putting any donations into.

Ligustah
Panzer n00b

Post by Ligustah » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:07 pm

It's all up to you what you use that money for of course :D

It won't be enough to compensate the time spent on Jaymod anyways :P
(i wish i had so much money :O)

But i always feel (even small) donations are a great way of showing appreciation for
something that was given to us for free, even though it may only be enough to have
a beer from ^^
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beerware)

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:58 am

Ok, I'm wrong, the link isn't right anymore. Seems the wife changed the email address associated with her account. I'll post when it's fixed.

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:03 am

Ok, I fixed the link on the website. Sorry about that.

Ligustah
Panzer n00b

Post by Ligustah » Thu May 24, 2012 10:50 am

It's been almost one year now, but I finally managed to send the donation I promised long ago!
Hope you'll enjoy it.