Vote Kick

Post any bugs you may find here.
MeatHead
General

Vote Kick

Post by MeatHead » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:29 am

hmmm, when I am in spec & someone votes to kick me, it will kick the person I am spectating.

Example: I am in spec, watching Jaybird...and Snipey calls a vote to kick me, and it passes. It will then kick Jaybird, and not me

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:52 pm

lmao. Ok. Man, SD did a pretty piss poor job implementing spectating. There are a bunch of little gotchas like this.

FPMeras
Server Pro

Post by FPMeras » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:06 pm

I never knew that. I sometimes wish W:ET would have been it's original intent of an RTCW expansion without so many bugs. That woulda been cool.

-FP.

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:27 pm

FP - There is never any game out there that does not have these little bugs. Large, detailed software always has things that need improvement.

FPMeras
Server Pro

Post by FPMeras » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:48 pm

Would you say bugs are so much more prone to happen and be possible in more numbers in todays games, having the games today be much more bigger in size and complicated, than games of the past? Though at the same time, it's the trade-off for evolving VGames in the first place.

Like, the hit console seller Star Wars Episode 3 for PS2, even had a nasty but not easy to access bug in it in 2-player battle mode, and that's only a console game too. The bug was getting stuck behind a wall/pillars ETC, in one battle arena.

-FP.

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:20 pm

I would get this up high in the to do list please, its starting to get "known" publicly, and idiots are starting to exploit it and make a real mess. :?

#R|E#simple
Rambo Medic

Post by #R|E#simple » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:26 pm

disable vote kick while its implimented :)
created by me! :D

MeatHead
General

Post by MeatHead » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:26 pm

is this something Jay can fix though>?

MickyP
Server n00b

Post by MickyP » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:47 am

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is the same problem but it sounds like it might be

last night I was on our server and a vote was called to kick someone the vote passed and I was kicked (I was in free roam spec at the time) and the person that the vote was called on stayed on the server.

I'm a level 2 admin on the server and I was under the impression that I could only be kicked by a higher admin level then myself.

I'm trying to find out if this is a bug in jaymod or a server setting that needs changing.

If anyone has any idea's I'd be greatful for any infomation

Thx

Mick

MeatHead
General

Post by MeatHead » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:03 am

Don't think it's a Jaymod bug, but a ET bug. As far as I know there is nothing you can do about it. :(

But I will let someone with more ET knowledge respond.

Ramon
Panzer n00b

Post by Ramon » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:56 am

As you are talking about vote-kick bugs, here's one more, dunno if it has been fixed yet: if someone calls a kick-vote and switches sides while the vote is in progress, the vote passes immediately. Tested on an etpro-jumpserver, but I don't know if it's mod-specific or if it can be fixed by a mod.

deej
Server n00b

Post by deej » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:58 am

Ramon wrote:As you are talking about vote-kick bugs, here's one more, dunno if it has been fixed yet: if someone calls a kick-vote and switches sides while the vote is in progress, the vote passes immediately. Tested on an etpro-jumpserver, but I don't know if it's mod-specific or if it can be fixed by a mod.
So wait, he gets voted, changes sides to avoid the vote and by that results get flicked of the server like RIGHT AWAY? Serves that player right for trying to switch to avoid the kick IMO ;-).

If that ain't a standard feature, please add it to the wishlist :lol:!
reT!reD 0ld Farts - fun clan

Ramon
Panzer n00b

Post by Ramon » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:16 pm

Er, not quite, it's more like: Ramon votes to kick deej - Ramon switches team while his vote is in progress - deej gets kicked right away. Try out, its a funny feature indeed. :) You'll remember that similar bug that was fixed by you guys at etpro that worked when voters went spec after casting a vote. Their vote also passed right away.

deej
Server n00b

Post by deej » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:26 am

Ramon wrote:Er, not quite, it's more like: Ramon votes to kick deej - Ramon switches team while his vote is in progress - deej gets kicked right away. Try out, its a funny feature indeed. :) You'll remember that similar bug that was fixed by you guys at etpro that worked when voters went spec after casting a vote. Their vote also passed right away.
LOL funny bug indeed! And btw I'm not from the ETPro team ;-).
reT!reD 0ld Farts - fun clan

Ramon
Panzer n00b

Post by Ramon » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:12 pm

Umh, there's someone from Belgium called deej in etpro forums, isn't that you?