'say_team nl' command while muted

Post any bugs you may find here.
jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Re: 'say_team nl' command while muted

Post by jaybird » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Hack, extend, call it whatever you want, it's modifications to my mod that I do not necessarily want my name attached to. Dual SMG's? Really? Medics are already rambo enough, so let's give them a bandanna, dual SMG's, and a New York accent, and scrap any semblance of teamwork and we're good.

[FL]Blindman
Server Pro

Post by [FL]Blindman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:34 pm

:D
Might be something nq would do....

tjimboo
Panzer n00b

Post by tjimboo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:47 pm

bandanna sounds nice..

Servers are run with different settings and players keep coming back to servers they like, simple as that.
some like double jump and some dont. its up to server admin to make the changes he/she think will work on the server.

redsector done a great job in ur absent and im sure there would not be so many jaymod servers that u see today if it where not for his work.
he just provided the community with what it was asking for.

[FL]Blindman
Server Pro

Post by [FL]Blindman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:20 am

Asking him to thank the guy probably isnt going to get the job done.
The man decides to come back after a few years and all you guys can do is as for silly additions? If it was me I'd probably have stayed gone...
Also RedSector did a very good thing, even if he hacked. I guess many admins wouldn't use Jaymod anymore if they couldn't use EnhacedMod due to exploits and bugs. So I don't understand your anger.
Really...?
I would have stayed with it right through had there been ob8 support, had nothing to do with idiotic cvops with machine guns. One persons exploit may well be another persons feature, but it changes nothing, it's still Jay's mod, and I fully understand his point of view.

Dr.J@cka$$
Server n00b

Post by Dr.J@cka$$ » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:44 am

I have Doubleguns too and no Rambos on Server.....
Because i dont have Adrenaline and no Fastshot
and its really good Teamplay

I am Happy too that Jaybird is back and yes its his MOD but many things have changed
There are Servers with Singleguns on the Global List and some of them are really famous
But most of them have this Features of the ENHMOD

I can not understand why so makes a fuss because one of the Guys has spiced up Jaymod .

Perhaps he has just taken your MOD but if he would not be good he would have taken another.

I have even a NQ 1.2.9_b6 with ENHMOD Features and all like it ^^

If he had not done that ET would not be so well attended.

ok maybe he would ask Jaybird first .

But does noone see that we want to help the Jaymod to be even more popular?

Many will say the same

Destroy666
Server n00b

Post by Destroy666 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:26 am

[FL]Blindman wrote:Asking him to thank the guy probably isnt going to get the job done.
The man decides to come back after a few years and all you guys can do is as for silly additions? If it was me I'd probably have stayed gone...

Really...?
I would have stayed with it right through had there been ob8 support, had nothing to do with idiotic cvops with machine guns. One persons exploit may well be another persons feature, but it changes nothing, it's still Jay's mod, and I fully understand his point of view.
Did someone ask Jaybird to thank him? No.
Also did someone say that Jaymod isn't Jaybird's mod? No. RedSector didn't hack the whole mod and release it under his name. He made an addition and named it ENHANCEDmod. It's like a plugin for an application - you can use it but you don't need to, also the author of application is still the same.
I really appreciate and respect Jaybird's work. However I think that blaming a person that tried to make things better (and did) while Jaybirds inactivity is wrong.

ETc|***Jay***
Panzer n00b

Post by ETc|***Jay*** » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:13 am

jaybird wrote:Hack, extend, call it whatever you want, it's modifications to my mod that I do not necessarily want my name attached to. Dual SMG's? Really? Medics are already rambo enough, so let's give them a bandanna, dual SMG's, and a New York accent, and scrap any semblance of teamwork and we're good.
stop fucking crying man, this enhmod works for every mod(problem is only to wait for fixes).

cya

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:06 am

I don't get the hate. All I said is I don't like that there's some program hooked into mine providing certain functionality I don't want in my program. What does that change? Nothing. You can still do whatever you want. And I'm not hating on redsector. He helped the community out. Great. He didn't do anything in spite of me; I wasn't around to be even asked. I'd probably even let him work on the mod directly if he wanted to.

And I'm hardly crying. I've got way more important things in my life to cry about than some video game.

[FL]Blindman
Server Pro

Post by [FL]Blindman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:57 am

If he had not done that ET would not be so well attended.
Rubbish.
Did someone ask Jaybird to thank him? No.
Yea someone basically did.
redsector done a great job in ur absent and im sure there would not be so many jaymod servers that u see today if it where not for his work.
Sounds a lot like 'Hey look what I did' to me.
stop fucking crying man, this enhmod works for every mod(problem is only to wait for fixes).
Theres probably a reason he didn't open source his code, perhaps because it was his? I know of at least one person who likely had it all along and did nothing with it just because of something like this happening.

Dr.J@cka$$
Server n00b

Post by Dr.J@cka$$ » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:05 am

Rubbish ??? no man not RUBBISH

look servers......getting empty and who are you ???

Blindman

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:11 am

I'm gonna lock the topic. I don't want any arguing or any flame wars because it's really not that important. We've all got an opinion and that's ok. To Jay and anyone else I angered, I'm sorry; that certainly wasn't my intention.