Vote bug

Post any bugs you may find here.
Destroy666
Server n00b

Vote bug

Post by Destroy666 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:54 pm

If a player votes F1/F2 while playing and goes spec, his vote is still counting but he doesn't count as a player. For example - there are 4 people and vote passes when 60% of all players vote F1. Two vote F1, two F2. One player who voted F1 goes spec and vote passes.
What about removing votes of players who go spec?

Destroy666
Server n00b

Re: Vote bug

Post by Destroy666 » Mon May 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Next vote bug, anyways not so important.
With '/callvote map' you can vote for maps which aren't on server etc.
It's possible that it works with kick/mute and another stuff too (didn't test).

Tankey
Server n00b

Post by Tankey » Thu May 05, 2011 9:30 am

Hmm, this guy is speaking the truth.

I have a several servers hosted by YCN with Competition Maps installed, and I've called my server NoDownloads. So it should be running only default maps. But a few days later they've voted Supply..
Another thing is, that the server doesn't read the objective.cfg anymore when callvote to an map which isn't listed in the objec.cfg

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Thu May 05, 2011 10:50 am

Objective.cfg is only a config file, much like a script, and is identical to your server.cfg and jaymod.cfg files. There's nothing that tells the game that this selection of maps is the only selection of maps the server is to use. In fact, you could put the contents of your map cycle into your server.cfg and it would work just fine.

So of course it's possible to run Supply when you don't have it in your map rotation.

stealth
Rambo Medic

Post by stealth » Thu May 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Tankey wrote:Hmm, this guy is speaking the truth.

I have a several servers hosted by YCN with Competition Maps installed, and I've called my server NoDownloads. So it should be running only default maps. But a few days later they've voted Supply..
Another thing is, that the server doesn't read the objective.cfg anymore when callvote to an map which isn't listed in the objec.cfg
Remove Supply from the server file system, then they can't change the map to supply anymore.

I still find it a valid idea though how hard would it be to check if a map is on the server or not before letting the vote pass?
Atm you can do something like /callvote map you_guys_suck and everybody can see it...
Also the 'Bug' that if players join spectator their vote still counts is a valid point, but not sure how easy that would be to fix.

I think these would need to go in the Feature Request board rather than here?
:D