Just wondering why it keeps saying this..

Anything else here related to the mod goes here.
the_devil_hunter
Server n00b

Just wondering why it keeps saying this..

Post by the_devil_hunter » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:15 am

Hey there, I was just wondering why in the world it would keep saying this in the Console when I start up my own server, on my PC.

Code: Select all

"WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader gfx/2d/lagometer"
And "WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader models/mapobjects/furniture/sausage.tga"
And "WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader models/mapobjects/furniture/bread.tga"
I looked all around in W:ET pak files, but to no avail I cannot find the files its taking about.. The Server itself works just fine. But as it cannot find the Image for Shader gfz/2d/lagometer, the lagometer never shows.

So does anyone knows whats up?

muppetuk
Server n00b

Re: Just wondering why it keeps saying this..

Post by muppetuk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:00 am

why would the server want to show the lagometer?

and what map are you starting the server with that gives you the "models/mapobjects/furniture/sausage.tga"

and are you seeing this in your server log or your console ingame?

i wouldnt worry about the mapobjects warnings either way, and the lagomiter is client side so just remove the cvar from the server cfg and you wont get the warning anymore

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:19 am

The lagometer has nothing to do with the server - its code and assets are entirely client side. You are seeing the missing files because of some shaders found in some other paks. These things usually come from servers with "fun" menu additions, texture changes, and the like. The fix is to delete any pak in etmain or the mod folder that isn't an official one, i.e. pak0.pk3, pak1.pk3, pak2.pk3, and etmain.pk3.

the_devil_hunter
Server n00b

Post by the_devil_hunter » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:09 pm

muppetuk wrote:why would the server want to show the lagometer?
I was mearly talking about it showing up on the right side, as if I was connected to a server. After reinstalling the game however, it appeared again.
muppetuk wrote:and what map are you starting the server with that gives you the "models/mapobjects/furniture/sausage.tga"
As far as I know, I have Fueldump starting off, but with some custom maps. I have so much, not sure if I can list them all. Guess I'll look though em and see whats up.
muppetuk wrote:and are you seeing this in your server log or your console ingame?
I see this when I join my own server, even when starting it at Dedicated, as I was told awhile ago to do, on the F|A Forums.
muppetuk wrote:i wouldnt worry about the mapobjects warnings either way, and the lagomiter is client side so just remove the cvar from the server cfg and you wont get the warning anymore
What Cvar is this? I have to look over my config, as I haven't touched it in awhile.