Need A Guide?

Any questions regarding getting Jaymod running.
Mongoose
Spawn Camper

Need A Guide?

Post by Mongoose » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:51 am

Setting Spawn Times
set g_useralliedrespawntime "sec"
set g_useraxisresapwntime "sec"

Creating Campaigns
First If your going to create anything you need winrar so download it here http://www.freedownloadhq.com/WinRAR.html
First open up a notepad or wordpad document.
then copy and paste the following into it and edit what you want

Code: Select all

{
	name "name"
	shortname "shortname"
	description "The Discription To Your Campaign"
	maps "oasis;goldrush;map;anothermap;baserace_b3a;"
	mapTC 374 374
	type "wolfmp"
}
Then put your Campaign into a folder named "Scripts"
Then right click on the scripts folder and click add to archive.
Then open the .rar archive and go into the scripts folder and rename your word document from name.txt to name.campaign
So you should have Name.rar--->scripts---->name.campaign. Then rename name.rar to name.pk3 and then upload it to your server.

I opend this because people are getting anoying and we should just have one thread with a ton of guides on it

Mongoose
Spawn Camper

Post by Mongoose » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:54 am

So yea please post what you need help with and/or Post any suggestions or guides you have.

Snipey

Post by Snipey » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:01 am

i use filzip

but you can use whatever you want as long as you can zip it up

theres also a program called pakscape, that actually creates the pk3's for you, especially made for making pk3's

check that out if you wish to

just about anything will work tho
ImageImage
[JOT$]Homepage

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Beeman
Server Pro

Post by Beeman » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:45 am

Ok then a quick guide on how to make a campaign that's more than 10 maps* and have it running as default campaign

Firstly I am going to have to admit a map campaign can only be 10 but you can link more than one campaign together so they run concurrent and will not show as a single map campaign with the map changing to show just one at a time.

This is the easy way, you can write your own campigns but I find using campaign creators easier because I am not 'old school' :D

Download Neelix Campaign Creator found on that page.

Create your 10 map campaign which will make a pk3 file and a cfg file, then make another campaign with the other maps you wish to use which will create another pk3 and cfg file.

Discard one of the cfg's you won't be needing it.

Open the pk3's you created and you will see something like mycampaign.campaign inside, open them with notepad:

Campaign 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{
name "^rAlienz ^jXPSave"
shortname "cmpgn_Alienz"
description "**^rALIENZ ^3XP-Save** ^1Welcome Marine.**For You To Have Fun Is Our Goal**^0Annoying Behaviour Will ^1NOT ^0Be Tolerated ^0Slutting For XP (Farming Ammo Or MedPacks In Spawn) Will Result In A Warning Then Kick**^1Cheating will Result In A Kick/Ban**1. oasis*2. temple_final*3. mlb_daybreak*4. battery*5. goldrush*6. cathedral_final*7. caen*8. baserace_b3*9. supplydepot3*10. fueldump"
maps "oasis;temple_final;mlb_daybreak;battery;goldrush;cathedral_final;caen;baserace_b3;supplydepot3;fueldump"
mapTC 374 374
type "wolfmp"
}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Campign 2

{
name "^rAlienz2 ^jXPSave"
shortname "cmpgn_Alienz2"
description "**^rALIENZ ^3XP-Save** ^1Welcome Marine.**For You To Have Fun Is Our Goal**^0Annoying Behaviour Will ^1NOT ^0Be Tolerated ^0Slutting For XP (Farming Ammo Or MedPacks In Spawn) Will Result In A Warning Then Kick**^1Cheating will Result In A Kick/Ban**1. oasis*2. saberpeak_final*3. eagles_b1*4. venice*5. password2*6. carnage2a*7. subway*8. etsbay*9. graverob_b1*10. fueldump"
maps "oasis;saberpeak_final;eagles_b1;venice;password2;carnage2a;subway;etsbay;graverob_b1;fueldump"
mapTC 374 374
type "wolfmp"
}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are just going to copy my example then insert your own maps that's fine with me so I will code what you have to have to change in order for it to work or to make it your own campaign message etc.

Red = you must have these named different even if it is just cmpgn_1 and cmpgn_2 so the server does not trigger watchdog and you end up running default maps

Green = this is your welcome message to those on the server when the maps are changing

Violet = these are the maps, they must read the same as the bsp file in eack map pk3 (for instance, the map Goldendunk is not just named 'Goldendunk it is actually goldendunk_a2 on the bsp in the map pk3).

Now you have created you 2 map pk3's you have to make a file called 'scripts' on your desktop.

Open a new notepad file.

Copy both of the campaigns onto the notepad file and save the file as mycampaign.campaign in the scripts file.

Now using a zip program of your choice (I use PakScape, but you can use winzip) save the scripts file as mycampaign.pk3 on your desktop (you may have to save as mycampaign.zip then rename it to pk3)

Congratulations, I bet you have done this before :lol:

The next step I could not find anywhere so I had to kinda figure it out for myself using me noodle. :lol:

you should have a cfg file that you didn't delete earlier, open it with notepad then clear it then copy/paste the following:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

set d1 "campaign cmpgn_Alienz ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
set d2 "campaign cmpgn_Alienz2 ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"

set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; map oasis ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
vstr d_initial

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where it is red you have to put the short name of each campaign whish is why they must be named different

Where it says Oasis, if Oasis is not your first map then you will have to change to the name of the map that is instead.

Save the file as mycampaign.cfg.

If you have created a campaign before then you know what to do from now on but basically upload or put on your server the mycampaign.pk3 and the mycampaign.cfg make sure all the maps are available for download from your server or other loacation and put the line exec mycampaign.cfg in your server.cfg

Just a note to add, I use Oasis as the starting map to my cycles because it never lets me down plus I love Oasis :D :wink:

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:18 am

Nice work guys, but unfortunately it wont help, well besides being able to at least link them to your guides, lately the questions coming have been answered a 1000 times, sometimes directly below their question, just too dam lazy to look and read, everyone just wants it done for them. :evil:

Beeman
Server Pro

Post by Beeman » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:11 pm

Well I have been dying to write that down on 'paper' for ages, I really could not find the second part (cfg) anywhere, if theres one place I would like people to find such a guide it's here :D

Mongoose
Spawn Camper

Post by Mongoose » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:32 pm

thanks snipey pakscape is awesome

Snipey

Post by Snipey » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:33 pm

yup

its a very good program

simply create teh directory that you have made by right clicking in the open space on the left, and import it

then save as, (compression maxium) and choose pk3 from the drop down menu
ImageImage
[JOT$]Homepage

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Mongoose
Spawn Camper

Post by Mongoose » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:30 am

What exactly do you need to setup your own server?? Could i do it from my spare computer?

Gnomish

Post by Gnomish » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:12 am

Mongoose wrote: Could i do it from my spare computer?
You can, but it's heavily advised against. Most home cable lines can and should only support about 8 players max. And that's without anything else taking up bandwidth. Also, it's extremely easy to crash home servers by simply doing !news and !lol. If you want a server, I suggest buying a server, or just going and renting one from a company.

Ikke
Server n00b

Post by Ikke » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:18 am

Mongoose wrote:What exactly do you need to setup your own server?? Could i do it from my spare computer?
you can, but it really depends on your upload, till 12 players you need a round 13kb a sec a player on upload speed,
with more slots they even suggest up to 25kb a slot.

et uses ca 30MHZ on 1 player slots on a good processor Intel Pentium, AMD Athlon on week processors (Celeron, Duron) it will use around 40MHZ a slot.
128MB memory would be enough for small slot servers.

Ferocious
Server n00b

g_mapscriptDirectory

Post by Ferocious » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:46 am

Hallo, could you help me with g_mapscriptDirectory?
My server is ignoring the mapscripts directory and his files contents. The CVAR is:

Code: Select all

set g_mapscriptDirectory "/usr/games/enemy-territory/2.60/jaymod/mapscripts"
mapscripts/battery.cfg for exemple. Server is running with Jaymod 1.5beta3
Excuse for my poor english :P
Thanks in advance

Mongoose
Spawn Camper

Post by Mongoose » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:32 am

i think all you need to set is
set g_mapscriptdirectory "mapscripts"
as long as its in the jaymod folder