How to Set Up a Jaymod Server

Any questions regarding getting Jaymod running.
doa
Arty Whore

Post by doa » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:23 pm

^^^ maybe a pretty face will get some details out of Help - he has not been at all forthcoming on any of his other threads!

V-Dawg
Panzer n00b

Post by V-Dawg » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:21 pm

doa wrote:^^^ maybe a pretty face will get some details out of Help - he has not been at all forthcoming on any of his other threads!

well he wont be getting any pretty faces here.....dammit.

Help
Spawn Camper

Post by Help » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:45 pm

doa just because you dont understand me doesn't mean u have to be a jerk and by the way i figured it out since you guys wouldn't help me

V-Dawg
Panzer n00b

Post by V-Dawg » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:47 am

heh... its not that we wont help you, but you have to help us too. posting something like:

"i put dedicated to 2 and ive opened ports on my router...it still doesn't work im wondering if u could help"

doesnt tell us anything. you need to be more specific about what is going on, other than tell us about a router issue that does not portain to ET whatsoever. next time be more clear and give a little more information, and maybe doa won't get his panties in a twist

....at least not as much in a twist as they were when i was done with him....

:twisted:

doa
Arty Whore

Post by doa » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:19 am

V-Dawg wrote:....at least not as much in a twist as they were when i was done with him....
:twisted:
awww - and i was hoping that you weren't done with me yet :wink:

lol

timetokill
Spawn Camper

Post by timetokill » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:03 pm

um ya i kinda need help on it.. i want a jaymod 2.0.1 version but i dunno where to go to get that on the www.jaymod.clanfu.org/. Will someone tell me how?

SupReme
Server Pro

Post by SupReme » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:40 pm

I should take a look at the download page, and if you try to find an earlier released version, you can find it in the archives.
Chatter1: Heya!
Chatter1: You knew there is a whole life behind internet?!
Chatter2: WTF!
Chatter2:...
Chatter2:Link..?

timetokill
Spawn Camper

Post by timetokill » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:28 pm

hmmmm okay. I also need help with the server.cfg stuff since there is stuff like (this is important) or (dont have to mess with this) or the ==== will that affect the server.cfg in any way? Also, I need omega help on the shrubbot.cfg im confused on how to do it. What do i write in for flags and everything? Finally, if you have a site that lets u download jaymod 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 or 2.0.3 that would be great if u posted it here. :)

2-Winged_Hero
Arty Whore

Post by 2-Winged_Hero » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:11 pm

Hey again.

Download the most choices right here. http://jaymod.clanfu.org/download.php not a better spot.

The document that comes in the matching versions will explain how to use setup shrubbot. But if you want to give yourself all commands, use flag * only.

g_shrubbot "shrubbot.cfg"

I don't know what stuff you mean about "This is important" and the others, but doesn't sound like anything to me. Might just be extra text in a config if that's what you mean.

Good luck.
-2-Wing

timetokill
Spawn Camper

Post by timetokill » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:45 pm

k thx wing if u have xfire i would like to have it. and when i said the this is important stuff, on page number 1 of this it has a site leading to a server.cfg formt and it says stuff like that in it. but thx for the other info :D, i got my shrubbot.cfg file done,my jaymod.cfg file done,my map rotation file done. annd the last thing i need i would like u guys to check on--- the sever.cfg im wondering if the things that have (Very Important) besides them or u dont have to mess with any of this.... will affect the server.cfg. If it doesn't affect it them i ready. :D

timetokill
Spawn Camper

Post by timetokill » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:05 pm

ugh plz somoen help me i put all the things in the correct folders and stuff but when i start up the thing this is wat it says... ----- Sound Info -----
sound system is muted
1 stereo
32768 samples
16 samplebits
1 submission_chunk
22050 speed
0xf478060 dma buffer
No background file.
----------------------
Sound memory manager started
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window
...resetting display
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
-----------------------
VM_Create on UI failed wat should i do????????? is it because my server.cfg has stuff by it that says like (VERY IMPORTANT) or (DONT MESS WITH THIS) ????? :shock:
Last edited by timetokill on Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timetokill
Spawn Camper

Post by timetokill » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:20 pm

in my jaymod folder i have demos-folder, jaymod-2.0.3-folder,profiles-folder,screenshots-folder, jaymod-2.0.3.pk3 jaymod.cfg, qagame.mpi386.so,qagame_mp_x86.dll, readme.txt, and shrubbot.cfg.

in my etmain folder i have profiles-folder,video-folder, [EE]Campaign.pk3,athens.pk3,baserace,pk3,bacerace_cc.tga,CORE.pk3,etkey,falcon2.pk3, giant.pk3,goldenfinger-snow.pk3,imscycle.cfg,maprotation.cfg,mlb_egypt.pk3,mp_bin.pk3,NC.pk3,objectivecycle.cfg,pak0.pk3,
punkbuster.cfg,sdcampaighn2.cfg,SDSniping.pk3,server.cfg,stopwatchcycle.cfg,supplydepot.pk3,sw_owasis_b3.pk3,temple_final.pk3,templesniper2.pk3.tmp,townsquare_final.pk3,and warbell.pk3.

if im missing something or i have something in the wrong spot or i have any useless things someone plz tell me wat to do. And i have like 8 maps on my maprotation is that a problem?

2-Winged_Hero
Arty Whore

Post by 2-Winged_Hero » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:42 pm

Seeing your last post, I think you're missing a pak1.pk3 and pak2.pk3...these seem to come with the 2.60 patch installation, maybe re-installing your 2.60 patch, or connecting to a 2.60 server to get these files (with your client downloads set to 1 which it probably is), might fix that.

pak1 contains a folder of mapscripts for default 6 maps, and a "ui" folder, which I guess stands for "User Interface". I wouldn't go without this one.

pak2 is very similiar, also seems needed if on patch 2.60.

All .pk3s that your server has that a connecting client doesn't have will auto-upload to that client if you enable downloads and they keep their's on also. So all those .pk3 maps will create a LOT of uploads. Might wanna move them to another folder, or create a back-up installation of Wolf-ET for the server seperately.

All campaigns can go up to 10 maps, any higher and you will by combining campaigns which can be done. So 8 maps isn't a problem.

If you post after you try these so we can see your status.

-2-Wing

timetokill
Spawn Camper

Post by timetokill » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:23 pm

ya sorry but i was going to delete that last couple of posts up cause i got my server up and running- my only prob was i didnt add jaymod.cfg to the end of my command line... but i couldn't have figured it out without homie's help so thx homie :D.

but i do also need help in a way. My server is always around like 1 ping or very low ping. Is there a way where i can make the ping higher and if so how?

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:04 pm

timetokill wrote:My server is always around like 1 ping or very low ping. Is there a way where i can make the ping higher and if so how?
Why would you want to do that? Low ping = Better for you. :P Other players pings will vary by how far they are from your server.