How to Set Up a Jaymod Server

Any questions regarding getting Jaymod running.
JuggaloHomie
Server n00b

Post by JuggaloHomie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:07 pm

Your welcome time (if u need any help i can help u with it just give me a holla u know my xfire)

timetokill
Spawn Camper

Post by timetokill » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:31 pm

k homie. and know u dont understand.. since it low ping allt he time 1.for some stupid reason ppl dont know how to find it. 2. Like everyonee that plays on my server is high ping so when they come it makes it lag.
3. i want it to b high ping so it wont lag and so it is ezier to find and i dont have to hear r u sure u have the server on?? (trust me it ticks u off after awhile) O ya my server status always sas 0/16 players on it even if there are players on it. How can i fix that?

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:23 pm

1. People don't know how to find what?
2. No it does not.
3. Sounds like your server's not set up right.

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:40 pm

timetokill wrote:k homie. and know u dont understand.. since it low ping allt he time 1.for some stupid reason ppl dont know how to find it. 2. Like everyonee that plays on my server is high ping so when they come it makes it lag.
3. i want it to b high ping so it wont lag and so it is ezier to find and i dont have to hear r u sure u have the server on?? (trust me it ticks u off after awhile) O ya my server status always sas 0/16 players on it even if there are players on it. How can i fix that?
Sorry to say, you need to do some reading up on pings and settings. Low ping doesnt lag, high ping does.

timetokill
Spawn Camper

Post by timetokill » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:25 pm

w8 wat are u serious? lower ping is better? i never knew that... well thx for telling me about that stuff up there ^ jaybird and gordy but how about the 0/16 thing all the time problem? is there a way to fix that?

SupremeBeing
Server Pro

Post by SupremeBeing » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:46 pm

timetokill wrote:w8 wat are u serious? lower ping is better? i never knew that...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL stick that one on the $nb thingy in the IRC jay =D
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

2-Winged_Hero
Arty Whore

Post by 2-Winged_Hero » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:51 am

Not sure if your settings have this, but if your private slots match the number of full player slots, try lowering the private slots to < 16.

And are you checking though the Wolf:ET browser, XFire, Gamespy, ETC?

Assuming you checked through XFire or another, try also through the normal game browser, it's more simple and more direct, might show players inside numerical-wise and with the names too.

-2-Wing

timetokill
Spawn Camper

Post by timetokill » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:01 pm

Wow make fun of a guy while he is still new to this whole server making thing ur very kind... but 2 wing thx a lot man u helped me a ton and it works now so thx again :D.

Gnomish

Post by Gnomish » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:26 pm

SupremeBeing wrote:
timetokill wrote:w8 wat are u serious? lower ping is better? i never knew that...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL stick that one on the $nb thingy in the IRC jay =D
Would help if there was more then litterally just me in the channel first...
It's just me and Chanserv. Which even that splits out from time to time. We do get other people for a couple of minutes, but they don't talk and leave quite fast.
My nicks:
Gnomish; Ziltoid

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:03 pm

I'm on during most days.

SupremeBeing
Server Pro

Post by SupremeBeing » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:13 pm

Whatever happened to Geebo? I miss that guy... :D
I'll try to hop in more often.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

V-Dawg
Panzer n00b

Post by V-Dawg » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:38 pm

dude... you guys are annoying

:)

pudd
Server n00b

Post by pudd » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:05 pm

my cousin is hosting the server i'm using, but he doesn't know anything about computers so i need a way to get to the server ftp from my computer. (he lives 2000 miles from my house so no i cant just go over). i have smartftp and fireftp, which allow you to access the ftp's to servers, but it requires a port and an address. for the address do you just put in the whole ip or the ip w/o w/e is after the colon? and how do you find out the port?

pokeybit
Panzer n00b

Post by pokeybit » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:48 am

Gnomish wrote:
SupremeBeing wrote:
Would help if there was more then litterally just me in the channel first...
It's just me and Chanserv. Which even that splits out from time to time. We do get other people for a couple of minutes, but they don't talk and leave quite fast.

lies !!! :P im there too
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
pudd wrote:my cousin is hosting the server i'm using, but he doesn't know anything about computers so i need a way to get to the server ftp from my computer. (he lives 2000 miles from my house so no i cant just go over). i have smartftp and fireftp, which allow you to access the ftp's to servers, but it requires a port and an address. for the address do you just put in the whole ip or the ip w/o w/e is after the colon? and how do you find out the port?
To admin an ET server fully, you are going to need a few things off the guy who set it up,
  • 1: access to the server shell, is it a dedicated server? (i doubt if you m8 is a pc/noob)
  • 2: access to the FTP location for file redirects, you need the ftp location, username and password (keep these very private)
If there is no redirect / FTP set up yet, you will need to find somewhere to host some files, or you are limited to offering 12kB max download to each client connecting.

Gnomish is offering some free space, view his thread here http://jaymod.clanfu.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2569 or visit flphost here and register http://flphost.com/.

Once you have this space, you will want to reflect everything like custom maps and sound packs you have on the server hosting the actual game onto the FTP . for this you will need shell access or to go through the control panel your server provider may offer you. Basically you will need to edit the main server config file to change your settings.

Ask your pal for all those details, location , username and password. You dont really need to know the port, maybe 25,80 or 8080, , theres no point having the ftp details, if you cant change the server files.
www.grow-room.org
etpro - 89.106.68.26:27960
jaymod - 89.106.68.26:27961
T/j - 89.106.68.26:27965
War - 89.106.68.26:27970 (locked)

pudd
Server n00b

Post by pudd » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:31 pm

i already have something to host files... filexoom.com... but how does he find the username/password and all of that so i can access the ftp? the program im using all it needs to know is the ip and port, but i dont know if the ip i need to use is from the server or from his computer, and the port i cant figure out.