Menu ingame problem.

Any questions regarding getting Jaymod running.
flanipuche
Server n00b

Menu ingame problem.

Post by flanipuche » Fri May 27, 2011 6:03 am

For our servers, I built packages to add custom sounds (voicechats) and an ingame menu (rules, information on our other servers, recruitment, etc. in two langages FR/EN)
(each mod has its specific package in accordance with the original mod menus.txt)

I installed these packages on our different servers (NQ, Jaymod, TJMOD)

If on NQ & TJMOD servers these packages work fine, on the server Jaymod, there is a problem:
Some menus do not work anymore. If I change the order or remove menus in the file "menus.txt", the problem also moves accordingly (some menus that were not working, working again and menus that worked no longer work). Moves the problem... but did not resolve.

A game of cat and mouse! After several hours, I come to think that the problem is that the number of menus exceed the maximum allowed number of menus per game (128). If I truncate some of my menus for my voicechats ,for example, it works.

However, I do not understand why I do meets no problems in other mod (other than Jaymod.)

Jaymod is what sets a special limit on the number of menus?

MickyP
Server n00b

Re: Menu ingame problem.

Post by MickyP » Fri May 27, 2011 11:36 am

The limit was always 128 menus Nq increased theres to 256 (don't know about TJMod)

128 is normally enough

Only edit "wm_quickmessagealt.menu" don't bother editing "wm_quickmessage.menu" unless you know of anyone that actually uses the letters instead of numbers as this eats up the number of menus used.

If you run a local server click on MODS & select jaymod then open the console & you can see any errors.

Not sure if Jaybird whats to increase the max number of menus allowed for the next release along with the other 15,000 requests

flanipuche
Server n00b

Re: Menu ingame problem.

Post by flanipuche » Fri May 27, 2011 4:07 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed, the only solution at this time will reduce the number of menus in one way or another. (voicechats by letters, etc.)