BAD CLANS AND ADMIN

SPAM SPAM SPAM w00t!
jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:56 am

Running one of the most successful clans in ET, I try to be aware of any admin abuse that goes on within my server and clan. That doesn't mean that it doesn't go on, but I do what I can to maintain the level of quality on my server. I don't buy your argument, Gnomish, that just because it wasn't the head admin, it isn't abuse. I hardly play anymore, so there's almost no chance of me being abusive, even though I wouldn't to begin with. Despite this, I'm sure there are plenty on the server who would say some things still go on.

I think it pretty much goes without saying that the opinions of those posting here are not necessarily my own, and shouldn't be construed as such unless I explicitly express it as my own. As a forum, I will not be held responsible for the views of those posting here.

Gnomish

Post by Gnomish » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:05 pm

It's not abuse if it's allowed. Just like using an aimbot doesn't warrent a ban if the server allows you to use it.

And Jaybird, the part I was talking about is slanderizing other clans. It can be taken as defaming of character, which they can use legal threats if they really wanted.
My nicks:
Gnomish; Ziltoid

-999-
Arty Whore

Post by -999- » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:53 pm

Actually it's in the realm of libel, as I can't hear his text, and this is expression of opinion, not a willingly malicious misrepresentation of fact, so that argument holds no water.
I think I've had this argument before..
Anyways, it's still not the best way to do it as one person may despise a clan/group while others love them.
And you really cannot make a "white list" of clans/groups either, for the same reason above.
Too much arguing will occur, and nothing good will likely come out of it.

TALON1973
Rambo Medic

Post by TALON1973 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:37 am

jaybird wrote: I think it pretty much goes without saying that the opinions of those posting here are not necessarily my own, and shouldn't be construed as such unless I explicitly express it as my own. As a forum, I will not be held responsible for the views of those posting here.
unfortunately you are totally liable for anything written on a forum jaybird. basically every topic has to be policed by yourself or someone you have given power to delete deflamitory remarks / statement. if someone saw something on here that they took offence ( and i mean something that isn't true or could be defamation of character or something along those line ) to they could sue you and the person that posted it :( :?

Mac1
Rambo Medic

Post by Mac1 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:31 am

Big legal challenge TALON1973 is nobody is ever attacked on a personal level as most gamers go by an "alias" or a personification of their own self. This mediation of character makes personal attacks very hard to target since one is refering to an avatar name all the time. It would be very hard to show public damage to reputation or slander when the real person goes by a real name in society presumably other than this alias. I spare you the details of how complex it gets when a collection of these aliases form a clan or if that person or clan have multiple aliases.

Second point, Jaybird has written a reply that could be construed as a bona fide DISCLAIMER for the forum.

TALON1973
Rambo Medic

Post by TALON1973 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:47 am

never said it would be easy to sue, just could be done. also dont understand why alot of forums allow hotmail accounts to set-up as they don't have a fallback base to trace them ( although mine is hotmail ).

re: the original point of conversation - if i go to a server that i get admin abused on a just dont play on it again ... simple as. although i have played on a french server where i have been !lol alot andben kicked a few times as they think i cheat. i go back tho as ive never been banned and as i try to point out to them i was running a pbbans enabled server and was registered with them on thier website so i couldn't hack our my membership would be void.

i did have one of them speak to me in english saying he googled me and found forum topics saying a cheated . it was total bs and i just argued my point and told him to go to pbbans.com and he basically shut up. thats where some peoples attitude to being accusd as cheaters is wrong. i rarely get accused but if it does happen i put my case forward. alot of others just shout "prove it " which to me seems like a weak case and is asking to get banned. the arguement of "pb is on and i havn't been banned " is a very weak defence imo.

devioursoul
Server n00b

Re: BAD CLANS AND ADMIN

Post by devioursoul » Tue May 12, 2009 11:00 pm

yea it is total back stab......I still got this "censor stuff* going on about me and trick jumping I learned my strafe jump from quake 3 and I am pretty damn good in it, and then they think I speed hack......
I mean c''Mon.......these people are complete idiots "hp hack ? " speed hack" ? did they ever seen it there self ? kick mute and banning people with so called "hacks" is like saying to a kid that he can't play or do anything.....except lick your "censor" and do whatever you want....or your gone for their amusement

Of course there is another side of this. I do lead a clan with an very good friend 8 servers up right now. And we don't have/want it we want to play and have fun, as many others want :)

those rock.

greetings

Devioursoul

ETc|***Jay***
Panzer n00b

Re: BAD CLANS AND ADMIN

Post by ETc|***Jay*** » Wed May 13, 2009 8:49 am

m0n|<3y wrote:I went onto a server today called Etc| and 1st of all got put into spec 3 times because i was using panser yet the level before they were 4 v 2 of us and 1 had a panser.
Then i was called noob for using panser so i changed to smg to show i can kill with that too.
I then got accused of health hack ?, is there such a thing ?, then kicked for 2 minutes.
I reconnected then asked why i was kicked and was accused of cheating again to which i replied spec me and you will see for yourself i do not cheat, i was then muted.
Then i continued to play and then was kicked again even though they were speccing me ?, i have never come across such a stupid and childish clan as Etc|.
The main culprits were called fudgepacker apptly named and someone called chimera aka darkness, these two idiots are single handidly ruining this server for everyone and thought i'd start a list of clans that abuse admin and kick/ban ppl for no reason excepT for killing them.
Anyone else had problems with this clan or others like it so i can stay clear of these noob servers with bad admin.

Healthhack lol,

hmm never saw that topic. I hope your still banned, insultingnoob :P
this post is over 2 years old, you sayed that guys ruin the server :D
you can find us every afternoon most time at 1. place (gmt+1 time) http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverlist
we have allways players on the server http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serve ... tilisation