jaymod 2.2.0 and omni 0.81 crashing all time

Post any bugs you may find here.
BubbaG1
Panzer n00b

Re: jaymod 2.2.0 and omni 0.81 crashing all time

Post by BubbaG1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:36 am

We run JM 2.2.0 with OB 0.81 (including enhanced mod) on CentOS without any crashes at all. I would question if there are other apps interfering or if OS updates need to be applied.

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Curious hellreturn, do you have any heavy weapons restrictions enabled?

hellreturn
Spawn Camper

Post by hellreturn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:54 am

jaybird wrote:Curious hellreturn, do you have any heavy weapons restrictions enabled?
Crapshoot, asked me same. I don't think so. From my omni-bot.cfg

Code: Select all

[HeavyWeapons]
MinPlayersForMortar            = -1
MinPlayersForMobileMG          = -1
2.1.10 also crashes. I am gathering all crash logs at present so that I can send it all together. At present, I am on 8th crash or so.

Once it reaches 10, I will send you the logs for analysis. I am just scratching my head and trying to figure out why it crashes. 90% time it crashed after intermission and next map load. 2 times it crashed at around 40% time of map.

Bubba, how many omnis do you run? I guess you also run server at gs.com so you and me should have same libraries? I even followed what Jaybird suggested but even after that it's still crashing.

jaybird
Jaymod Developer

Post by jaybird » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:03 am

Crapshoot mentioned that he thought it wasn't a crash but a hang - an infinite loop. Can you pay attention to what happens to the server process? You may not be able to if you don't have shell access, but I'd be curious to know if the server process actually dies or if it's still alive. If it's an infinite loop it'll probably be pegging the cpu pretty hard. Getting that info will make a big difference to me.

crapshoot
Server n00b

Post by crapshoot » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:09 am

to be clear, the weapon restrictions we are asking about are the Jaymod weapon restrictions and not scripted bot restrictions defined in omni-bot.cfg. sending your entire server config would probably help; including the command line. and if you are still running enhanced_mod, then i would suggest testing without it for a couple days.

hellreturn
Spawn Camper

Post by hellreturn » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:20 pm

crapshoot wrote:to be clear, the weapon restrictions we are asking about are the Jaymod weapon restrictions and not scripted bot restrictions defined in omni-bot.cfg. sending your entire server config would probably help; including the command line. and if you are still running enhanced_mod, then i would suggest testing without it for a couple days.
It wasn't running enhance mod since last couple of days but still it kept crashing. At present I moved back to 2.1.7. I will send you and jay my server config i.e. both server and omni.
jaybird wrote:Crapshoot mentioned that he thought it wasn't a crash but a hang - an infinite loop. Can you pay attention to what happens to the server process? You may not be able to if you don't have shell access, but I'd be curious to know if the server process actually dies or if it's still alive. If it's an infinite loop it'll probably be pegging the cpu pretty hard. Getting that info will make a big difference to me.
Jay, sorry linux server is hosted with gs.com and I don't have shell access.

At gs.com they have auto restart script. It restart your server when you server doesn't respond. From my experience couple of times, server process didn't actually die and there restart script doesn't check if process is alive or not and it keeps re spawning new process on port 27961. So, I think you are correct, it goes in infinite loop. Sometimes, there restart script works fine and sometime it doesn't.

On windows server, I will start monitoring like you suggested.

Thank you both!

petbark
Server n00b

Post by petbark » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi

Have you raised a ticket with gs?

Do your admin/rcon settings still work?

I had a little problem where data bases were not syncing. Also similar problem with bots.

This all fine now and working with enhanced mod, Jaymod 2.2 and omnibot 0.81

hellreturn
Spawn Camper

Post by hellreturn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:53 am

petbark wrote:Hi
Have you raised a ticket with gs?
Do your admin/rcon settings still work?
I had a little problem where data bases were not syncing. Also similar problem with bots.
This all fine now and working with enhanced mod, Jaymod 2.2 and omnibot 0.81
gs.com can't do much in this case. I also run jaymod 2.2 on my windows dedicated server and server hangs up. Example:
jaymod hang.png
Jaymod hangs
jaymod hang.png (15.65 KiB) Viewed 17642 times

tjimboo
Panzer n00b

Post by tjimboo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:02 am

u should have a file in ur ET folder at GS called: mlds.sh.
Edit that with following:

ps -o pid,comm,args -u clanbot -w -w | grep etded.x86 | grep -i "net_ip $GAME_IP" | awk '{print $1}' | xargs -n1 kill -9
Then it will check if ther is a haning process and kill it before restart.

hellreturn
Spawn Camper

Post by hellreturn » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:46 am

tjimboo wrote:u should have a file in ur ET folder at GS called: mlds.sh.
Edit that with following:

ps -o pid,comm,args -u clanbot -w -w | grep etded.x86 | grep -i "net_ip $GAME_IP" | awk '{print $1}' | xargs -n1 kill -9
Then it will check if ther is a haning process and kill it before restart.
Thank you! Will add that tonight :)

BubbaG1
Panzer n00b

Post by BubbaG1 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:41 am

hellreturn wrote:Bubba, how many omnis do you run? I guess you also run server at gs.com so you and me should have same libraries? I even followed what Jaybird suggested but even after that it's still crashing.
Sorry buddy, just realized I never responded to this. Yes, we are running our main server at gs with JM 2.2.0 and OB 0.81 with 2 bots on each team. Only issue we have had with server crashes/hangs was after installing the Enhanced_HUD pk3 file. Replaced it with original JM pk3 and all is well. Otherwise, no crashes.

How many bots do you add to each team?

hellreturn
Spawn Camper

Post by hellreturn » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:09 am

BubbaG1 wrote:
hellreturn wrote: How many bots do you add to each team?
12 vs 12 cos few our regulars try to practice against omnis. We have some members who have kids in our clan and those kids learn around with omnis.. they are like 10-13 yr of age and they get fun too.

Omni bot team recognized one issue and it stopped 60% of crash. They where waiting for debug build from jaybird but he never gived so no more testing was possible.

PS I don't use enhance mod although I would like to use it for custom commands and few enhancement which jaymod doesn't have it.

BubbaG1
Panzer n00b

Post by BubbaG1 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:32 am

Notice above that it was Enhanced_HUD causing our crashes. Enhanced_MOD has been working great. We use it to add sounds when a player joins and custom commands.

hellreturn
Spawn Camper

Post by hellreturn » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:57 pm

BubbaG1 wrote:Notice above that it was Enhanced_HUD causing our crashes. Enhanced_MOD has been working great. We use it to add sounds when a player joins and custom commands.
never used enhanced_HUD on the server. I used to enhance mod but since jaymod 2.2.0 always crashed so I stopped.